I’ve decided to join the 2019 audiobook challenge! My dad is really obsessed with audiobooks, and turned me onto them by listening to all of the Harry Potter audiobooks with me several years ago. I’ve enjoyed most of the ones I’ve listened to since then. Still, for some reason, I don’t listen to as many audiobooks as I would like. I could get through more books that way, and I can do it while I’m crocheting, cleaning, driving, etc. So this is the perfect challenge for me. I like that there isn’t a set goal for how many you need to listen to, only “achievement levels,” and so that way you can just set your own goal. I’m setting my goal at a realistic 12. If I exceed that, cool, but I don’t have to worry about feeling bad for not getting through some crazy amount.
Here’s the challenge info:
- Runs January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2019 than you did in 2018.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be June 30, 2019, and the last update will take place on December 15, 2019.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+